Galton Funding is a rewarding place to work. We seek dedicated professionals to help us continue to grow our firm. We offer competitive compensation plans, company paid premiums for medical and dental, 401k plans and are a company that fosters a spirit of teamwork.
To apply, please submit your resume/cover letter and interested position to Ranae Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently looking for:
Credit Risk Underwriter (Bloomington, MN)
The Credit Risk Underwriter will support the acquisition of whole loans and the related sale/securitization activities for Galton Funding. This position requires expert mortgage underwriting and credit knowledge, clear communication skills, consistently outstanding customer service, proven problem solving and common sense decision making skills while mitigating Galton Funding’s credit risk and following Galton Funding’s Seller Guidelines. The successful candidate will have a significant interaction with both internal and external (Sellers, 3rd party service providers) parties and must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Support Due Diligence Underwriting
- Manage all daily loan conditions from credit, property and compliance reviews with Sellers and external 3rd party service due diligence providers.
- Utilize expertise and underwriting knowledge to render sound, common sense decisions based on analysis of loan parameters and documentation.
- Maintain communication with client/seller/3rd party diligence provider and answer client questions as requested.
- Review escalated loans identified by the due diligence company. Perform mortgage specific calculations to validate accuracy of defects.
- Participate in evaluating current loan review processes and provide feedback and recommendations to increase efficiency and risk management capabilities.
- Maintain strong knowledge of mortgage compliance rules, agency underwriting guidelines and industry standards for appraisal requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Perform quality assurance reviews to evaluate 3rd party due diligence provider performance and review accuracy.
- Maintain excellent customer service skills to enhance customer experience for all internal and external customers.
- Provide timely responses to all voicemail and email communications.
- Perform all other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree helpful.
- 10+ years of mortgage industry experience, working in aggregator/conduit preferred.
- Solid understanding of Agency Guidelines.
- 5+ years of jumbo underwriting or complex income analysis preferred.
- Expert underwriting knowledge and extensive experience with loan origination documentation.
- High attention to detail and effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with internal and external customers, peers and management.
- Analytical thinking ability, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including; Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet time sensitive deadlines.
Persons associated with Galton Funding will become employees of the Mariner Investment Group LLC for human resources, payroll and other administrative purposes.